Monday, June 11, 2012

When treated unjustly.

Hello!!! 
What a gorgeous day to soak in some sun, I was out this morning getting my daily does of vitamin D.
It felt amazing :)

My goodness it's been a long time.
And boy is there ever a story behind my being MIA!
Please, please forgive my lack of blogging, I will fill you in on why I've been so quiet...



About a little over a month back I injured my R wrist and couldn't type but a few letters at a pop and even then I really wasn't allowed to be doing so. But it's so hard not to at least be doing something when you can't be working, hiking or cleaning... I tend to get very antsy tied down! 

Anyway.

I was told it was a nasty sprain w/possible tendon damage.
YAAAAYYYY!
Eugh.
Not.

The Dr said I had to wear a brace for one week and could't perform as an Aesthetician during that time. 
More good news. 
Again, not. 

(You see, I was finally getting a client base and increasing my responsibility at work. I was put in charge of ordering and inventory working my way up to head Aesthetician!  SO excited!!!)

Marching myself into work with a Dr's note, my boss she was less than thrilled. So off I was to wait a week and let myself heal up so I could get back to my regular work hours, but not before I offered my services in other ways to remain to productive. My boss was in a constant state of being overwhelmed so why not offer to take some of the load? Made sense to me... But I was informed there was no need. Ooooookay.

A week and a half later my wrist was still really hurting and I couldn't pin point what was up so I called my chiropractor who agreed to see me. Come to find out I was misdiagnosed and had dislocated my wrist causing me to still have awful pain and swelling. He popped it back in and the instant relief was amazing!! Talk about an answer to prayer. Phew!! 

This all boils down to...

Seeing as I wasn't healed w/in one week's time and it had been just over, my boss decided to fire me. 
Yup.
I was caught blindsided and left standing in the rain feeling very confused.
How does an employee that has never had any issue whatsoever go and get fired after she simply got hurt doing an everyday activity??? Outside of work too, this happened at home. Adding insult to injury the establishment sided with my boss. Even though there has never been anything wrong. I simply hurt my wrist and it had been misdiagnosed. There is zero justice in something like this and it leaves you feeling dazed and confused.



I woke up this morning after it being a month or so not working feeling very low and somewhat discouraged as I continued to process what I was feeling about this situation. After all, this was a dream location! I was very happy and pleased to see a client base forming, even if it started out small. Sales were good and the product was far from boring to work with. Plus the chance to get some more training for free was absolutely wonderful. 

Now I'm left with many thoughts and ideas but most importantly my prayers on God's direction for me.

I would LOVE to get on board with a skincare company and work with them and help develop product or something along those lines. I have a strong desire to create a line for mother and baby! As well as aid in hormonal acne products and see what can be done to help those who suffer both minor and beyond. I want to create a treatment line of body butters to aid various skin conditions/body ailments. (i.e. Sore muscles, bruising, acne, dehydrated sensitive skin and the list goes on.) 
So I'm very excited but need the connections to make this possible!



Knowing this is not the first time a boss has pulled something like this on an employee. 
I def know I'm not alone, if you're reading and this has also happened to you or if you're in the very process of finding out even. Consider the following...

Realize nothing shows more character and maturity than taking that actual step back to handle things calmly and professionally. You want to be able to tell your next boss how you handled it, this will save your backside if they decided to look in on it for proof. No matter how awful you are treated, never stoop lower and make a damaging blow! This may offer temp satisfaction but it won't last long. Keep as little communication between you and the offending party as possible if you feel like there is a chance of your mouth getting the better of you. 

Am I saying back off and don't defend yourself? 
NO! 
Standup for yourself but do it respectfully. 
And sometimes that means being firm. 
But remember, there is a fine line between firm and attitude. People know/see this and you don't want to be one of them. Take the higher ground and leave them scratching their head. 



After all:
NOTHING happens w/out God's consent!
A door shuts and a window ALWAYS opens!
We shoot for the moon but ALWAYS land on a star!

I'm feeling better now vs earlier now that I've processed in writing this and I'm holding God to His promise of never leaving me in the dust. Finding and marrying the man I have is proof God never intends on leaving my side. He is my daily blessing from above and has been such a wonderful support to me as well as my family and close friends. You guys truly make me feel loved!

THANK YOU xoxoxox

Hope you had a wonderful day, keep an eye out as I start blogging once again! 

You can follow me at any of these locations:








No comments:

Post a Comment